Welcome to the website of the Catholic Church of St Charles Borromeo, Hampton-the-Hill a small village just outside Warwick. There has been a Catholic presence here for a long time thanks to the fact that the local “squire", Lord Dormer, had a chapel in his house at Grove Park in the village. The baptismal register goes back to 1808, although the present church was built around 1820 and extended to its present form in 1830. The first parish priest, Fr Jean Lavigne, was most probably resident at Grove Park. He was a Franciscan and the Franciscans were responsible for a Catholic clergy presence in the area from Reformation times. The house (now the presbytery) and the land around was bequeathed to the church in 1819 by the 9th Lord Dormer.
Fr Patrick Mileham, is the Parish Priest at St Charles Borromeo and St Mary Immaculate in Warwick.
Canon Edward Stewart is a retired Priest who resides in the Presbytery at St Charles.